We didn't sleep at all last night so the afternoon was one big siesta. It's nice to know that we'll be here for a while, there's no guilt in sleeping the day away. But we woke up in time to wander around and not find a (cheap) place to eat dinner - apparently the neighborhood we're in (La Candelaria) is a university and business area, so restaurants aren't open at night. It doesn't matter - it felt great to walk around, there were tons of people in the street. I'm already excited about speaking Spanish. Someone thought I was from Argentina today! (ok ok, he was Brazilian so he couldn't exactly know that I talk like a gringa)
No exciting stories yet, but just you wait!
can't wait to hear more about your exciting life. i remember when i moved to israel, i was really good about updating my blog for about a year and then it tapered off... hopefully, with two people contributing, y'all will be able to keep it going! love ya and shabbat shalom
ReplyDeleteSo where are y'all staying now?
ReplyDeleteor, should I say,
¿Dónde estan viviendo ahora?
Very cool blog design and name. Signed up through RSS. I just started as director of strategic communications on climate change for The Nature Conservancy and we have some indigenous people/forest projects there. Maybe I'll get to visit. How long are you there? Also, say hi to Valderama for me (Columbian soccer legend from '94 World Cup squad).
ReplyDeletePaul
o em gee. where are the adventures already? it's been like 4 days!!! ya'll are amazing. so excited for you.
ReplyDelete