The gym is very nice, on par with the usual offerings in the 'States, and even has a sauna. The locker room however is a little small, and that brings us to the real topic of this post. In the U.S., locker rooms are full of saggy old men, hairless muscular men in tight briefs, and every body type in between. Modesty is optional. Usually, in life, when you're trying to be invisible, you look down. You quickly learn not to look down in American locker rooms.
So, the first (and only) time I walked naked to the shower in the gym, I got a few looks, and thought to myself "that's weird." I got changed, and thought nothing of it, but the next time I went to the gym, there was a middle-aged woman cleaning the men's locker room. Ahhhhh. Because of the 24hr. empleada service, and because most empleadas are women, modesty reigns in Colombian locker rooms. This theory was torpedoed when I saw an empleadO walk out of the women's locker room. WTF. Don't they realize that they could just swap? In any case, this means that the only penis that I've seen in Colombia (besides my own of course) is Brett Favre's.
why did you see brett favre's penis? don't get it...
ReplyDeleteDitto
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahahahaha
ReplyDeletehaha haha ha
Not been to a gym here but there is a pretty good though not that swanky sauna on the segunda, north of the 19. Dude helps you undress, hangs your clothes for you, hands you the locker key then at the end passes you your clothes, deodorant, basically everything bar talcing your nuts...
ReplyDeleteMate don't know if you call out for much but the corner bar near me had to close recently, the guy who runs it, Ángel is now doing domicilios, lovely guy...
ReplyDeletehttp://afowen.com/blog/2010/12/03/domecilios-lupe-la-macarena/