Monday, February 28, 2011

Hat Shopping in Bogotá

As many of you already know, the hair on the top of my head is quickly disappearing - down drains, on pillow cases, on the shoulders of many shirts and blazers, etc. So long as my haircuts only cost $2, I'm OK with postponing the inevitable permanent buzzing of my hair. However, when that day does come, I'm going to have to start investing in some head coverings. Fortunately, quality hats in Bogotá are much cheaper than in the United States - everything from berets (the normal kind, not the velour ones with crazy stripes and pins), straw hats, fedoras, and beautiful "Colombia es Pasión" visors.

Here's a picture of my lovely wife demoing the visor:


And another of my Dad, looking like a badass:


In any case, if you have any suggestions of what might look good on me (you can use the picture below if you'd like to have me virtually model any styles), leave it in the comments.
Stay tuned for updates.


3 comments:

  1. I'd suggest the traditional American baseball cap. You can never go wrong with the style, and there are a variety of things to support by wearing one...so take your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in favor of a real Panama straw hat (the kind that is woven in Ecuador, with a big hat band). Uncle Julian would tell you that the only hat worth wearing is a felt Borsalino.
    You have married into a family of hat wearers - ask Uncles Van & Julian for opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to like the "velour ones with crazy stripes and pins" on you, but i am sure you would be lovely with a Stetson. Be proud of your Gringo-ness.

    ReplyDelete